Course content: The Book
- Writing: Getting your manuscript in shape. Drafts, length, chapter length.
- Editing: subbing and proofreading.
- Formatting: Calibre, etc.
- Research: what else in genre/ what works, what doesn’t.
- The blurb: your most important tool.
- The Cover: Design options and services.
Publishing on Amazon Kindle
- Step by step through the process
- Pricing: how to pitch it. When to offer a “freemium”
- Royalties: what’s your cut?
The Promo: How to sell yourself.
Publishing: The traditional route
- The synopsis and query letter: how to write and structure.Approaching agents: what works, what doesn’t.
- What publishers are looking for: how to avoid the slush pile.
No formal qualifications required.
This 1 day course costs £100 for NUJ members and £160 for non-members and this includes all materials, tea/coffees & sandwich lunch.
Check out our Course Calendar for the next date and location for this course. For availability and to book a place, please contact us on 0141 248 6648/7748 or by email at NUJScotland@nuj.org.uk
Please note many of our courses are eligible for funding under a SDS Individual Learning Account, so let us know if you have an ILA at the time of booking and we can request a learning token for you.