Advanced Internet Research
An intensive one-day course to take your desk research to the next level. Covering everything from quick tips for slicker working – to the best tactics for social media research – to a range of other in-depth and investigative techniques and strategies. This course is aimed at journalists who are looking to go further, faster online but is also ideal for policy analysts, researchers, campaign staff and market analysts. Suitable for anyone interested in sharpening internet research skills.
- Get to the crux issues, find the clinching facts and identify key players. Get your tactics right to go further online, faster.
- Master advanced search engine skills to identify nuggets of information in seconds.
- Learn about the ‘hidden web’ and how you can identify and access key databases more quickly.
- Mine relevant information from facebook, twitter and social networks.
- Confidently monitor changing web content and breaking news.
- Push the boundaries with techniques and tactics for in-depth and investigative projects.
What you should bring with you:
No requirements. You may wish to bring a notepad.
No formal qualifications required.
Expected learning outcomes:
The course is focused on the practical use of cutting-edge apps and tactics. For example, leave the course with the skills to:
- Pinpoint twitter posts originating in Damascus last weekend.
- Find networks of people who worked on Grand Theft Auto.
- Monitor breaking news from a riot as it happens.
- Find specific documents with the term ‘funding shortfall’ from one local authority.
- Quickly find all of the official rulings made by one UK Judge.
- Confidently monitor the web for any new documents about the current NASA Mars exploration.
- Sort and store and track your research without resorting to endless printing.
This 1 day course costs £95 for NUJ members and £130 for non-members and includes all materials, tea/coffees & sandwich lunch.
|You can pay for this course securely using the links below:|